Become a Sharpen Your Financial Focus Graduate. This program is FREE to current and former military members and their families.
- Improve your credit score without dealing with sketchy for-profit services and paying expensive fees.
- Improve your community by becoming financially strong and providing leadership to others.
- Use a master budget and weekly monitoring plan to reduce stress and help you plan where your money is going.
- Connect with a Money Mentor to answer questions you have along the way.
- Free access to your credit report and score.
- Free one-year membership in credit monitoring system to reduce risk for fraud and identity theft.
- Protect your security clearance and resolve existing problems.
- Sharpen Your Financial Focus is totally confidential with no risk to your privacy.
Find us at Comrades and Coffee from 8:00 am to 11:00 am at 1311 N. Lottie in Oklahoma City on the 2nd and 4th Fridays of each month.
Download our Flyer Here to Share or to Find Out More: CCCSOKorg Military SYFF Project
See our slide from the Speed Sharing Military Event on September 25th, 2014 at the Crossings Community Center in Oklahoma City: CCCSOKorg PPT Template
Additional Resources and Learning Modules: Hands On Banking
Register at Forever.ForReal.com
Special points of interest:
- Sometimes homesickness causes overspending when soldiers are deployed overseas
- Be sure to set bills on automatic pay when preparing to deploy. Leave login and account information with a trusted family member
- Special Pay and FAMSEP Pay are temporary. Treat them as windfalls, not permanent increases in income.
- The LES should be reviewed every time. If a mistake is made in a soldier’s favor the money will be taken out on a future check.
- When a partner is left home during a deployment it can be difficult to stay on a spending plan. Anticipate more meals out at a minimum.
- Some banks and credit unions are set up to serve the unique financial needs of the military. Try banks like USAA or military credit unions for solutions.
- Check with the finance office on base to take advantage of a special deployment savings program for up to $10,000 earning great interest rates.
- Military personnel are targeted by high interest loan companies, car dealerships and other lenders for their steady income. Caution before a loan.
Special Privacy Notice for those who choose to use Military OneSource through CCCSOK.org